Date of Last Revision: March 23, 2022
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you request information, fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive messages or updates, sign a petition, sign up as a volunteer, make a donation, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number, credit card information, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Site;
- Provide the information you request and to process and complete any donations and related transactions;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, and requests and to provide customer service;
- Send you updates and newsletters and otherwise provide you with information that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you news and information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, products and services;
- Solicit volunteers, donations and support for our organization and for issues and organizations that we support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, confirmations, security alerts and support and administrative messages and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better information and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Unrig Our Economy is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, groups, campaigns, or causes that we believe have similar viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Unrig Our Economy, its volunteers, constituents, or others; and,
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection there with publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Unrig Our Economy takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
Updates and Other Communications
You may opt out of receiving updates from Unrig Our Economy by specifically opting out at the time you provide your contact information. You may also opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters from Unrig Our Economy by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.